Tuesday, December 01, 2009

snow day

lexi snow 1

IMG_5668

lexi & bella

I'm generally not the type of person who can't get into the Christmas spirit without snow. Personally, I would be just as happy to sing a round of "Deck the Halls" on a beach somewhere. But, I will (reluctantly) admit that it was sort of nice to finally have snow on the ground. Over the course of a few hours, that which was once drab and grey was transformed into a magical landscape that glittered in the veiled sunlight. Since Tatyanna was in school for the day, I took advantage of the nice weather and headed to a park with Lexi. We met up with one of her friends from ballet and spent the afternoon playing on the climber and building a snowman. Truthfully, this is only the second snowman that I have ever helped build in my entire life. Yes I am aware that that fact is probably grounds to have my Canadian citizenship confiscated. That aside, I think our Frosty turned out pretty good!

1 comment:

♥Jess♥ said...

Because I work at night and have to travel to get there I totally could just do with dusting of snow falls... BUT I think it will take a snow fall to get me into the Christmas mood this year. I'm kind of out of it! :)