Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Shopping that you can feel good about

Tom's Shoes - I just came across this website today and I've got to say that it's something that I'm really excited about. For every pair of shoes that you purchase, Tom's shoes will make a pair for a child in need. How cool is that??! It's win/win. Not only do you have a funky pair of shoes, or 7, but someone who really needs the protection that footwear provides, no longer has to go without. I fully intend to support this company in the new year and will let you know how it goes!

Dave's Homeroas
t - This is also a business that I'm excited about. In fact, I made my first order on the weekend and am eagerly awaiting its arrival in the mail! Dave is the father to a son who has the juvenile form of Batten Disease and all proceeds from every sale go towards supporting Batten Disease and research. And, if that's not a good enough sell for you, he often has a selection of organic and fair trade coffees available for purchase as well. The only problem that I had with Dave's Homeroast was making a decision between the interesting (and often completely unpronounceable) types of beans that he had at that moment. The shipping was inexpensive and less than 24 hours after I made my order, I received an email from Dave informing me that he had just roasted my beans and would be placing them in the mail the following morning. Now that's service!

Possum Sauce *Warning - unabashed mommy bias ahead* - purchasing info coming soon! No there is no possum, nor is there any sauce - which in my opinion is a very, very good thing as I don't think that those two items go particularly well together! Possum Sauce is entirely my son's creation and will consist, primarily, of t-shirts with a variety of designs bearing the Possum Sauce logo. These are probably t-shirts that you buy for your skate-board obsessed son or daughter and not your macrame and decoupage obsessed auntie. But, I could be wrong, I don't know your aunt. All profit from the sale of Keirnan's t-shirts will go towards Tatyanna's Hope and supporting Batten Disease research. I'm pretty proud of my kid for wanting to get involved and help out and think that this venture will be really good in helping him feel like he's making a difference. Skylar is also working on some ideas and I hope to be able to share that info with you soon!


No comments: