Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Dear Mr. Bon Jovi,

As a child of the 80's I grew up with your music playing in the background of my life. I'll be honest with you, I was never really your biggest fan. I was angsty, and punk rock fit so much better. But now, it's nostalgia music for me. Comfortable, like a favourite pair of jeans, or my tattered and holey dr. martens; reminiscent of day's when life was simpler. Today when "Livin on a prayer" came on the radio as I was driving I found myself singing along, sheepishly pleased that I remembered all the words. Then I found myself wondering if you had ever tried what your song is about. It's an awefully romatic notion really; one that I probably fantasized about as a delusional teenage girl with her head in the clouds. But I've got to say, as a 31 year old mother of four, this living on nothing but love and a prayer thing really sucks. But I guess that wouldn't make for a very good song, would it?

Sincerely,

Janelle

No comments: