Sunday, January 20, 2008

share and share alike???

When you have little kids, you begin instilling in them a certain value system of what your culture believes is acceptable behaviour. Things like saying "please" and "thank you" are encouraged from the moment language first begins to emerge (sooner if you practice signing). A great many of the kids shows out there have menagerie of colourful characters, all of whom extol the virtues of proper manners and the importance of sharing. But, as I noticed this evening, there are some instances when perhaps sharing is not the appropriate course of action.

"Lexi, what are you doing?" (knowing full well what it was that was keeping her so engrossed)

"I picking my nose. You want some? I can share with you."

"Umm, thanks for the offer sweetie, but I think I'm going to pass."

This would be one of those times.

No comments: