Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Sweet justice

My oldest daughter has been obsessed with going to Calaway Park all summer. Ever since the flyer came in the mail depicting throngs of smiling children merrily walking the midway and going on rides she has been talking about Calaway Park and it's "all you can ride buffet". Interestingly the frazzled parents carrying bags laden with sunscreen, bugspray, ritz bits etc and covered in sticky cotton candy/candy apple finger prints are somehow left out of the advertisement. Since then she has taken to writing the words "all you can ride buffet" on various paper like surfaces. When I was cleaning the kitchen the other day I noticed her childlike printing scrawled on the back of a photo. Sure enough, it was the aforementioned phrase. Curious, I turned the photo over and there centred in the middle and taking up most of the space was the well endowed derriere of my ex-mother-in-law. (The kids had taken a disposable camera with them on their last trip to MB and for some bizarre reason thought they needed a picture of their grandmother's butt)It was one of those sort of satisfying moments, so much so that I had to keep the picture. Now, if things get nasty with my ex-in-laws as they so often seem to, I can pull out that photo with the words printed on the back and smile.

No comments: