Tuesday, April 07, 2009

We are finally here in Beijing! I'm not sure whether I was more excited that the temperature was 27 C when we landed with not a snowbank to be seen or the fact that we survived another landing at the Beijing airport. I have no idea what it is about that landing but it always seems precarious at best. There were actually audible gasps from a majority of the passengers during a couple of moments. Fortunately the landing was even worse on our first trip so I think that I managed to pull it off looking calm and collected.....white knuckles aside.
Once we arrived back at the hospital we were greeted with some excitement from the staff that remembered us from our first trip. I've got to say that it was really nice to come back to a familiar place and within the first hour we were off to the corner store to pick up the kid's favourite snacks and drinks. It's funny, it's been an entire year since we were last here but it doesn't feel like more than a week or two. Here's hoping that the girls will settle in and adjust to a 13 hour difference quickly!

No comments: