Sunday, December 02, 2007

This past weekend, Trent and I sunk to all new parenting lows. We actually opened our child's Christmas present while he was away for the weekend and played with it. I'd love to tell you that I feel guilty but given the stress we are under (that I may at some point feel like putting into words) I felt that we needed to do something to lighten things up a little. Guitar Hero III was just the trick. My brothers have both assured me that "prescreening" is always acceptable as a parent. Finding broken toys.....or a box full of escaped convict little people is never a good thing on Christmas morning and only sets you up for a lifetime of therapy bills. And who wants that really? There are a multitude of other incidents that I will no doubt be forking over good money to the local psychologist for. This was just one little thing that I could do to help ensure my child's well being......right???

No comments: