Sunday, August 20, 2006

I survived. To be honest, I wasn't sure that I would. T has been gone for the last week on another one of his work holidays. He tries to tell me that it's work but I tend to disagree. In my world to be considered a holiday, the event must meet the following criteria:

1. Sleeping must be done in a bed other than your own. Setting up a tent the basement does not count.

2. Housework is not necessary and does not involve cleaning dog slime from the walls or cheerios from the vents.

3. Intelligent conversation with other adults must be had.- At this point though, I would settle for any conversation. In the last few days I have found myself saying things like "I really don't think that it's a good idea to lick the cheese grater....I understand that you like cheese, but I can't see this going well for you." and "Please stop carrying your sister around by her head....she doesn't like it" or even "Someone hand your sister the puke bucket....please!!!"

4. Any trips to the bathroom are done without an audience. Most people take this one for granted, I don't.

See, he's totally on a holiday. I am however going to look at a horse on the way home from picking T up. I realize that I could be setting myself up for some monumental disappointment but the opportunity was too good to pass up. If we move, I will have the money to put towards riding, if not, I will have to content myself with playing with yanna's collection of plastic horses. She's only a yearling at this point but seems quite promising. We'll have to see what happens I guess.

No comments: